Saturday, February 18, 2012

Turner Classic Movies Presents Casablanca 70th Anniversary Event


Coming through on my Facebook feed this morning was the exciting news that Turner Classic Movies, NCM Fathom, and Warner Bros. will be celebrating the 70th anniversary of the beloved Academy Award-winning film, Casablanca, by joining forces to bring that beautiful film to the big screen once more.



The event, which will be Wednesday, March 21st, at 7:00 p.m. (local time), is scheduled for dozens of U.S. cities....mine being one of them.  You can bet I will be attending!  The chance to see my #2 movie of all-time on the big screen is rather an awesome thing.




 It has been over a year since I've watched this wonderful film, and I am in dire need of a "fix."  Therefore, I was intending to celebrate "Oscar night" with Casablanca.  Instead, I'll wait a couple more weeks and catch it during this anniversary event.  The delay---along with the silver screen experience---will make my eventual viewing all the more memorable and wonderful.



Anyhow, for more information about this event and to see if a city near you will be part of it, go HERE.  I definitely hope many of you will be able to partake of this wonderful anniversary celebration.