Sunday, April 01, 2012

April's Blogging Agenda

Another new month means another new focus for me and for this blog.  I loved OD'ing on the films of John Garfield, George Brent, Joan Crawford, Montgomery Clift, and Van Heflin last month, but this month it is time to focus on my #1's.  Yes, my #1 gal and one of my #1 guys both have birthdays in the month of April, and it is their films which I will primarily be watching and writing about this month.  Those #1's being...

the completely sensational, always-brilliant Bette Davis






and the wonderful, gorgeous, immensely talented William Holden




Also, since Tuesday will see me heading off for a 16-day trip to Florida---where I will be enjoying family and friends, sun, sand, and sea---the beach will be heavy on my mind.  Therefore, I will be focusing on "beach" movies as well.





While it most likely will not be possible for me to post every day while I'm gone, with the ability we have to schedule future posts, I am already ahead of the game.   You all may not even notice that I'm gone.

So it's going to be mostly Mr. Holden and Miss Davis here at They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To in the month of April, with beach-related movies seeing action as well.  I hope you'll join me and maybe discover a film or two that you absolutely must see.

Happy viewing!!