Wednesday, August 01, 2012

My August Agenda

With so many things going on right now, blogging has, by necessity, taken a back-burner. To my disappointment, I found I didn't adequately showcase Barbara Stanwyck and James Cagney in July, nor did I do a birthday tribute post for #2 gal Susan Hayward back in late June.  I can't promise that August is going to be much better; however, when I am able to blog, these two men---two of August's birthday boys---will be my emphasis.


Robert Taylor





and Fredric March



Both Mr. Taylor and Mr. March are firmly entrenched among my top 10 favorite actors; in fact, they occupy slots 9 and 10.  They often flip-flop with one another, and either of them may occasionally wrestle the #8 position from Tyrone Power.  All that to say, both men are very dear to my heart, and I look forward to showcasing them (as I am able) this month.  I hope you'll join me and perhaps discover some of their lesser-known films.