Thursday, September 13, 2012

Meet Johan---the Movie Star "Morph-er"

Through the social network site The Golden Age of Hollywood (HERE), I have recently made the acquaintance of Johan, who, last month, joined the classic movie blogging community with his wonderful and very unique blog I'd Love To Kiss You But I Just Washed My Hair (HERE).  Besides "the stars, stories, film scenes, and iconic images of Classic Hollywood," Johan has a regular "movie star morph" column, wherein he "morphs" the images of two classic Hollywood stars into one beautiful brand new entity.  Most recently, he combined Clara Bow and Lucille Ball to come up with this lovely lady.  Isn't she gorgeous?!  Isn't this a marvelously creative idea?!


These movie star morphs provide an opportunity for Johan's blog readers to get their thinking caps on and their imaginative powers in gear, because he will not immediately reveal who the two stars are.  Rather, his readers will have to wonder and stew for a few days before they find out if they have guessed correctly.  Believe me, this can be quite difficult.  While most of his readers readily saw Lucille Ball in this image, not a single one of us identified Miss Bow.

I am looking forward to the day when one of his morphs will include one of my six beloveds.  (Yes, folks, I now have six beloveds, though if pressed to choose an absolute fave, I will still go with Robert Ryan and William Holden; however, the others are only a breath behind them.)  My biggest fear is that Johan will morph two of my loves and I won't recognize either one of them.

Anyhow, I encourage you all to pop by Johan's fantastic blog to make his acquaintance and welcome him to the classic movie blogging community. You'll be glad you did.