Sunday, October 07, 2012

The Heiress on Broadway

The Heiress---that wonderful 1949 Olivia deHavilland/Montgomery Clift period drama which I just reviewed HERE last week and which began its life on the stage---has been resurrected on Broadway once more.  Starring Jessica Chastain (The Help) and Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey), both in their Broadway debut, and also starring David Strathairn and Judith Ivey, The Heiress began its 18-week run last evening, October 6th.



If I lived anywhere near New York---or if a trip to New York was in my budget---I would, without question, be attending this event.  I think it is a fascinating story, and I would thoroughly enjoy seeing it played out on the stage.  And since I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey---and Matthew Crawley---having Dan Stevens in the role I associate with Montgomery Clift is something I would very much like to see.

So, my friends, if you happen to live near enough to New York to make a viewing of this play a possibility, you might want to put it on your calendar.  For more information, visit the play's website (HERE).

As for me?  Well, I am playing the lottery a bit, with the hopes of winning the money to make this longed-for trip a reality.  Wish me luck!!