Thursday, August 01, 2013

Welcoming Maureen O'Hara



A hearty welcome to the beautiful Maureen O'Hara, who will be taking over as star of the month here at They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To.  While I intend to get started on a painting project and will likely need to limit my computer time a bit, I hope to have an opportunity to watch and review between seven and ten of Miss O'Hara's films, some of which I'll be catching for the very first time.

The big highlight of the month is that I am going to be taking in three of the beautiful Irish lass's films on the big screen of Boise's Egyptian Theatre.  To celebrate her 93rd birthday, Miss O'Hara is having a big bash right here in her current home city of Boise, Idaho.  Seven of the birthday girl's films are being screened for the event, and I will be attending the showing of three of them---The Quiet Man (which is going to be introduced by Miss O'Hara), The Black Swan, and How Green Was My Valley.  For more information about the birthday bash, go HERE.

Incidentally, when I was visiting my parents last month, my dad mentioned that he considers Maureen O'Hara to be Hollywood's most beautiful woman ever.  While for me, Grace Kelly holds that title, I don't think my dad is far off.  Miss O'Hara is definitely a stunning beauty (especially in Technicolor).  I am looking forward to a month of blogging in her honor.  I trust y'all will enjoy yourselves as well.  (Oh, be sure to weigh-in on your favorite Maureen O'Hara film by taking part in the poll on my sidebar.)