Monday, October 28, 2013

Time for a Blog Break

My dear blog readers, I have decided to take a break from blogging.  While I had originally intended to highlight Vivien Leigh and Burt Lancaster in the remaining two months of the year, I'm finding that I am severely burned out and in need of some time away.  I had hoped to get through October, so as not to abandon Montgomery Clift (whom I adore) during "his" month, but I've found that even my love for Monty does not trump my desire to take a step back.

The main reason for this decision is that I want to spend less time online.  The saying used to be that no one would get to the end of his life and say, "I wish I'd spent more time at the office." Now, I think, no one will say, "I wish I'd spent more time online."  In fact, my guess is, we'll be more likely to say, "I wish I had spent less time online and more time doing the things I used to love doing before the internet invaded my life."  At any rate, that's what I want to do.

In addition to wanting to disengage from the computer, I've come to realize that since I have to take notes in order to accurately review a film, watching movies has ceased to be a joy and, instead, has become a burden.  Thus, I have determined a break is in order.  I expect to be back in January, but with the very scaled-back posting schedule of two or three posts a month.

In the meantime, I want to thank you for being faithful readers of my blog.  Thank you for allowing me to share my love of classic films with you these past 32 months.

Blessings to all of you!