Monday, February 03, 2014

Celebrating 3 Years of Classic Film Blogging




This past Saturday, They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To celebrated three years of life. Though I've been blogging since early 2006, it wasn't until February 1, 2011, that I made the jump into classic film blogging, with a review of the lovely romantic drama Random Harvest. Prior to then, I had been sharing a weekly classic film review on my homemaking/decorating blog; however, desiring to write about classic films more often than once a week, I determined that a second blog was in order.  Alas, it is hard enough to keep up with one blog, let alone two; my homemaking blog ended up falling by the wayside in order for me to focus more on my classic film passion.

Sharing these great classic films, and all the elegant stars of old, has not only been an enormous pleasure, but it has afforded me the opportunity to connect with dozens of other classic film enthusiasts, some of whom have become very good friends.  While I've gotten busy with a genealogy/family history project and can't devote as much time to classic film blogging as I've done these past three years, I definitely intend to stay a part of the blog world and the wonderful classic film blogging community.  I love being here, and I enjoy all the friendships I've made.

A huge thanks to all my readers for making these last three years of blogging so enjoyable. Interacting with all of you has been such a pleasure.  I look forward to sharing more classic films with you---as I am able---in the months ahead.