Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Revealing My All-Time Favorite Movie

After revealing my favorite ten films for each decade of the classic film era (30's through 60's), it is now time to unveil which of those films receives the coveted status of "favorite film of all-time."  Of course, you know it has to be one of the #1 films from one of those decades, right?  So, that would be...

Gone with the Wind




Now, Voyager



A Place in the Sun



or Madame X




For the past couple of years, my #1 film has been Now, Voyager, with the 1940's #2 film, Casablanca, being my second favorite movie of all-time.  Well, dear blog readers, this year has found those two films toppling a bit and my former #3 movie moving in to take over the position of all-time favorite film.  That film...my 1950's winner...is A Place in the Sun.




While the nature of favorites lists makes them always subject to change, at the present time, this fabulous romantic drama starring my beloved Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, and Shelley Winters, is my favorite movie ever.  It's one of those films I never tire of watching...it is also one of those films which I always wish had a different ending than the one it has.  Read my review of this sensational film HERE.

Now, Voyager and Casablanca are still incredibly beloved movies to me, and who knows what next year will bring.  One of them may move ahead of A Place in the Sun once more, but for now, the 1950's winner takes first place.  I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts about this most fantastic film.